Monday, March 12, 2012

{Recipe} Vanilla Coffee Creamer

I love me some Vanilla creamer for my coffee, but when I read the ingredients I was a little freaked out.
It's filled with things I cannot pronounce. No bueno!

I played around and came up with a recipe that I love and that doesn't gross me out.

Ingredients:
2 cups Milk
1 1/2 TBS Vanilla
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk

Yep. 3 ingredients. 

I removed the label from an empty creamer container and washed it really well.

Poor all 3 ingredients into bottle and shake shake shake!!!

I love the pour spout and the easy close lid.

This is my new favorite mug.
L.O.V.E. Owls!!!

Enjoy!

Note:
This does not last as long as store bought creamer because it is made with real ingredients and has no preservatives, so use it up within a few weeks. I go by the expiration date on the milk that I use.
You may find me linking up with some of these blogs: Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

7 comments:

Marcie @ DWYH said...

Wow, I love this idea! I purchase so much creamer and I'm not too thrilled about all the crazy ingredients either... you've got a great solution I must try!

Unknown said...

How smart! My husband loves creamer in his hot chocolate, so we'll have to give this a try.

good2Bqueen said...

You just became my hero! Pinning this for sure. We go through WAY too much creamer in this house and I hate all of the extra "yuck" in the store bought stuff. And it looks like a cost savings to boot! Not a big fan of vanilla, but I could use ANY extract with this recipe. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Perfect! Thanks.
Just so you know the creamer I just bought says use within two weeks of opening on the bottle. So I assume it would last about the same.

Unknown said...

Wow, this looks so great to make! I love this idea. :)

Homemaker said...

where did you get the mug?!?!? <3!!!!

cammi1313 said...

Just made vanilla creamer using your recipe...WOW! It came out great and it was so easy to make. Thank you so much for sharing! This one is a keeper.

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill