Friday, October 28, 2011

Playdough Party Favors

Happy Halloween!

My friend Krista and I are in charge of planning and running our church's moms group.
We get together once a week to hang out and let the kids play.

We were planning a little Halloween playdate for the moms and kids and didn't really want to overload the kids with sugar. I thought about what I could bring, and with the majority of the kids being ages 2-3, I decided that Homemade Playdough would be perfect!

I picked up several packages of these reusable containers at the Dollar Tree.
They are each 12oz.

I made 3 double batches of Homemade Playdough in Purple, Orange and Green for Halloween.
*1/4 of a single batch is the perfect size for playing and fit nicely in the containers I purchased!*

While taking photos of the playdough my son decided to sit on my foot and lick my leg.
He thinks he's hilarious...I just think he's gross and a little bit cute;)

The containers looked so sad and naked,
so I got out my scrapbook paper and a circle cutter and went to town. I printed:
Happy Halloween!
{PLAYDOUGH}
on orange cardstock and cut it out with scissors,
then I used an adhesive roller to stick the paper to the lids and to attach the labels.

So cute, right?
The kids(and moms) loved them!

We had a few leftover after everyone left, so then I got to be the crazy mom at the park handing homemade playdough out to families as I came across them. I got some strange looks followed by amused grins, but the kids all begged to go home to play with the playdough so it was worth it! Ha ha ha!

Do you have any non-sugar Halloween ideas?
I would love to hear them!

Linking up with some of these Blogs:
Fingerprints on the Fridge, Making The World Cuter, Dittle Dattle, Mad Skills Monday, Skip to my Lou, Craft O Maniac, Delicate Construction, Ask Anna, New Nostalgia, House of Grace, Sassy Sites, Not Just a Housewife, Today's Creative Blog, My Craftie Life, Sew Much Ado, Seven Thirty-Three, Someday Crafts, A Diamond in the Stuff, My Girlish Whims, Somewhat Simple, Momnivores Dilemma, Paisley Passions, Fun to Craft, Make it, Wear it, Gluesticks, House of Hepworths, What Allie's Making Now, Finding Fabulous, A Little Knick Knack, Mommas Kinda Crafty, Its a Hodgepodge Life, Inspiring Creations, Be Different Act Normal, Wildflowers and Whimsy, Tatertots and Jello, The Idea Room, My Repurposed Life, Sew Many Ways, I Heart Naptime, Thirty Handmade Days, Under the Table and Dreaming, Creative Itch, Oops I Craft My Pants, Addicted 2 Decorating

1 comment:

Jenna said...

you are the coolest mom. :)

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill