Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hutch {Part 1}

I have been looking for a hutch to put in the dining room ever since I finished my buffet. This one was listed with a table and chairs and since I didn't need those I called to see if she would be willing to split up the set. She said yes and off we went to pick it up!

Isn't she love-ly? Isn't she won-der-ful?
Are you singing it? I am!
I am in lurve.

She has her flaws, don't get me wrong, but I can work with them:)

At some point the poor girl broke a door.
It was not set well so I may need to re break it and set it right.
Broken bones on the brain much? Sheesh!

See? Hopefully I can make it all better.

I love the details on the base but the hardware has to GO! 
It just feels a little busy for me.

Yerp. Storage.

She got a little dinged up on the top left edge, but I am hoping I can fix her up real good.

This is the edge that will be in the corner so I'm not worried;)

The two side doors have glass as well as these grate things.
I adore the texture that they add!

I already have my paint picked out, or more accurately it chose me.

I picked up a total of 3 color swatches...
on the third one the heavens opened and a light shined down and I. Just. Knew.

I had wanted to get working on her tonight, but I had to get the garage cleaned out before I could even get her inside a bit. As I was taking the pictures I was mentally going over all the steps I would need to take to make her shine like she was meant to and I suddenly got so tired. ;) My daddy always says that "If you're going to do something, do it right!" Which means that I usually do more steps than some would deem necessary;) HA!

Hopefully I can sneak out and get some work done on her tomorrow.
Any guesses as to which color I chose chose me?

10 comments:

Tammi said...

Oh man love it! can't wait to see the finished product!! oh goodness what color did you choose?? I am thinking you chose red? no yellow? no! Red? Do tell!!:)

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Don't you just love it when the angels sing like that?? The hutch is a beauty...can't wait to see your idea come to life!!!

Anna said...

Beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Anna

Nicole said...

I want to see pics as you go along... And maybe I can come watch one of your projects in the future

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Your buffet was so awesome, I can't wait to see how this one turns out :)

April said...

OMG! That is almost identical to my hutch! the only difference is the doors on the bottom. Mine are designed differently, but I even have the drawer in the center cabinet! I would love to do a makeover on it, but it isn't actually mine. My nanny inherited it from her grandparents and doesn't have room for it right now so, I am storing it for her/borrowing it. Can't wait to see what you do! I know it will be awesome! BTW...how's the little man adjusting to the cast?

Unknown said...

Ooh, purty!! Can't wait to see what color you chose... or rather, what color chose YOU. :)

MJ said...

Gorgeous lines...cant wait to see what you do with her?


MJ
Lucky 7 Design

Jenna said...

Wow, what a great piece. It'll be fabulous when you're done for sure. My guess is a shade of blue or yellow... Or white. Haha

Andi said...

What a great hutch, fab lines. Whatever color has chosen you I know it is going to look awesome just like the buffet!! My first thought was a yellow, then I thought a red. Am I close?

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill