Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sew Inspired: Alphabet Pennant Banner

So this morning after dropping the girl off at school and while my boys were still sleeping, I grabbed my coffee and started reading through my blog roll.

I read so many amazing posts about fall decorating and back to school, but this one really grabbed me.


Isn't is darling? Go read her post.

I love how she talks about praying for the children in Nicaragua as she was sewing this banner for the preschool kids there. I had tears in my eyes when I finished reading her post.

When I am making clothes or even a crayon roll I pray for the person who will wear or use what I am making.

With each stitch, I ask God for protection, peace, joy, strength and whatever else comes to mind for that specific person.

When I see my daughter wear the skirt that I sewed in prayer for her I know that she is literally covered in my prayers and I feel such peace.

To all you sewing mama's out there:
Do you do this as well? If not, you should try it!

1 comment:

Restorative Living said...

Thank you so, so much for your sweet words. I love that you pray over everything you sew. I try to remember to do so everytime I work on a project, but your words have given me renewed fervor to ALWAYS remember! Thank you!! You made my day!

The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill